Achari Shrimp Tikka – Air Fryer Achari Prawn Tikka
Achari Shrimp Tikka – Air Fryer Achari Prawn Tikka - appetizing, succulent, gluten free shrimp marinated in pickling spices and cooked within minutes in an air fryer.
- 2 and 3/4 cups shrimp (large frozen and deveined) (1 pound, 2.6 ounces) (31-40 count per pound), thawed
- 1 tbsp indian mango pickle, spicy (just the oil and spices, not the actual mango pieces)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 1.5 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (ground cayenne pepper)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2.5 tbsp oil of choice (preferably mustard oil) (divided)
Thaw the frozen shrimp.
First, gather your ingredients for the pickling spices listed under achari spices. Further, dry roast them on medium heat on a pan until they change color and are fragrant. This step should take about 2 minutes. The spices can burn quickly so make sure you monitor them. Furthermore, let them cool.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl make the marinade with the ingredients listed under marinade, with 1.5 tbsp oil (preferably mustard). The remaining oil will be used to air fry. Mix well.
Next grind the dry roasted achari spices into a fine powder in a coffee grinder or spice grinder. Add the ground achari spices to the marinade and mix well.
Moreover, add in the shrimp in the marinade and mix well. Let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes and mix well. Cover the mixing bowl while the shrimp is marinating.
When you are ready to cook, grease your air fryer basket with remaining oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Then, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350°F for 5 minutes.
When it’s preheated, working in batches, place the shrimp in a single layer. Air fry for 7 minutes at 350°F , flip it and air fry for another 5 minutes.