Khatta Jeera Aloo – Instant Pot Tangy Cumin Potatoes
Who doesn't potatoes? Make your life easy with this one pot Khatta Jeera Aloo – Instant Pot Tangy Cumin Potatoes recipe.
Select sauté on the Instant Pot. Add in oil to the pot. Further, add in asafoetida and cumin seeds.
When the cumin seeds splutter and add in serrano peppers and chopped potatoes. Stir well. Additionally, let the potatoes sauté for 4 minutes until slightly cooked. Stir intermittently.
Add in Kashmiri chili powder, ground turmeric, sugar and salt. Mix well. Add 1/4 cup water. Further, press cancel.
Secure the lid on the pot and select manual/high pressure for 5 minutes. When done quick release the pressure.
Open the lid and add ground pomegranate powder and mix gently without breaking the potatoes. If there is excess water you can select saute and evaporate the water. It should take less than a minute. Although there shouldn't be much left.
Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro. Serve with naan or roti (Indian flat bread).
- Every potato absorbs water differently. This recipe has been tried on yukon baby gold potatoes.
- In terms of spice levels, I would place this dish at 2.5 with 1 being low and 5 being high. So you can adjust the spice levels accordingly.
- Please eliminate the serrano peppers if you can't tolerate heat.
- I have used dried pomegranate powder, however if you don't have dried pomegranate powder you can use dried mango powder (amchur) instead.
- If you don't want it super tangy you can reduce the dried pomegranate powder to 1.5 tbsp.