Greek Yogurt Sandwich – Spicy Air Fryer Dahi Veg Toast
This Greek Yogurt Sandwich – Spicy Air Fryer Dahi Veg Toast is my kind of sandwich —rich and creamy but not overwhelmingly so, made with yogurt and stuffed with some redeeming veggies like carrots, lettuce and bell peppers.
- 12 slices bread of choice (I used white)
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 serrano peppers, small, finely chopped (1 tsp finely chopped) (hari mirch)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely grated
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, finely chopped (capsicum)
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp butter, softened (optional)
Rinse and grate the carrots. Slice the bell pepper into tiny pieces. Rinse and finely chop serrano peppers and cilantro leaves.
In a mixing bowl, add in Greek yogurt. Additionally, add in salt, crushed black pepper, chopped serrano peppers, shredded carrots, cilantro, and bell peppers. Mix well.
Further To prepare your sandwiches: Place half a leaf of lettuce on one slice of bread. Top the lettuce with the yogurt mix and spread it evenly. And place another piece of bread on top. Repeat for the remaining three sandwiches.
Aggressively butter each sandwich on the outside on both sides with softened butter. Also, secure the top slice of bread on a sandwich with a toothpick. Every once in a while, the fan from the air fryer will pick up light foods and blow them around, so this is optional but take it as a precaution.
Place the sandwiches in the Air Fryer basket and make sure they are separated out. If your basket is small you can make 2 to 3 sandwiches at a time and repeat the batch.
Close the basket and set the time and temperature on the air fryer at 330°F for 3 to 5 minutes. 3 minutes for moderately crispy and 5 minutes for super crispy.
- On a scale of spice levels of 1 to 5, with 1 being low and 5 being hot, I would place this dish at 3.5. You can modify or eliminate the amount of serrano peppers as per your spice tolerance.
- Make sure the butter is softened so that it spreads evenly and easily. To soften butter you can warm it up for a few seconds.
- You can eliminate the butter if you like. However, I prefer mine with it.