Masala Corn – Instant Pot Spicy Corn Chaat
Masala Corn – Instant Pot Spicy Corn Chaat recipe is super easy to make and is delicious. This recipe is so versatile you can serve it alongside virtually anything or even on its own as a snack.
- 3 cups sweet yellow corn (frozen, no need to thaw) (not corn on the cob)
- 3 cups water (to boil)
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (optional)
- 3/4 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1/4 tsp black salt
Place the frozen corn in the inner pot. Further add in 3 cups water to the inner pot. Close the lid on the instant pot and select manual/high pressure.
Pressure cook the corn for 1 minute. Quick release the pressure. Discard the water and set the corn in a large mixing bowl.
Further, add in melted butter, red chili powder, chaat masala, salt, lemon juice, ground cumin and black salt. Finally, mix well and serve hot.
- On a scale of 1 to 5 in terms of spice levels I would place this dish at 3, with 1 being low and 5 being high. So you can reduce, eliminate the red chili powder as per your spice tolerance.
- I have used frozen corn kernels. Not corn on the cob for this recipe.