Pina Colada Makhana Milkshake - Foxnut Smoothie
This Pina Colada Makhana Milkshake - Foxnut Smoothie is one of my favorite. Of course I have seen many recipes with foxnut, but I never really thought about adding foxnut and pineapple to a smoothie.
- 1 cup unsweetened, coconut milk (not the canned, I used Silk)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple, frozen (fresh will work too)
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (add more or less per taste)
- 1 tbsp dried desiccated coconut (roasted, for topping)
- 1/4 cup foxnuts, roasted (phool makhana)
In a pan on low heat dry roast the foxnuts until crisp. Make sure not to brown them too much. It should take about 10- 12 minutes. Monitor them to make sure they don’t burn and stir them in between. Moreover, let them cool and grind them in a grinder.
On low heat in a pan roast the dry desiccated coconut. Spread the coconut around into one even layer. Stir often, until the coconut is lightly browned (about 5 minutes).
Place all of the ingredients (ground foxnuts, Greek Yogurt, coconut milk, frozen pineapple and sugar) in a high-powered blender. Finally, blend them.
After blending the smoothie, transfer the smoothie in a cup and top it with some additional foxnuts and toasted coconut.