Air Fryer Shrimp Tikka - Spicy Indian Shrimp
This dish is very flavorful, spicy, and restaurant style.
- 2.5 cups shrimp (frozen deveined) (50 – 70 count per pound)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 1 tsp cilantro (fresh and finely chopped) (dhaniya ke patte)
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard (sarson powder)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except shrimp. Stir well.
Add shrimp in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
Once it is preheated, add shrimp and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Discard the left over extra marinade. Do not overcoat the shrimp with it.
Air fry at 350°F for 7 minutes. Flip the shrimp and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Ground cayenne pepper and red chili powder can be used interchangeably as both of them make the dish spicy. So if you don’t have red chili powder you can use cayenne pepper instead.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, the spice levels in this recipe would be at level 4. So if you don't like very spicy food you can reduce the amount of red chili powder.