Malai Chicken Tikka - Air Fryer Malai Chicken Tikka
This is creamy delicious and quick to make.
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 small serrano peppers crushed in a motor and pestle (green chili pepper small, translates to 1.5 tsp chopped)
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves (fresh and finely chopped)
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 ground black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1.8 pounds chicken thighs chopped into 2 to 3 inch pieces (bone-in or 1.5 pounds boneless)
Chop the chicken pieces into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
Rinse and chop the cilantro finely.
Chop the serrano pepper and grind it in a motor and pestle.
Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except chicken. Stir well.
Add chicken in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Ideally 6 hours marinade time is perfect but in a time bind 30 minutes is good too.
When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with oil.
Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
Once it is preheated, add chicken and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at 360°F for 15 minutes. Toss and flip the chicken at the 7 minute mark.
Serve with cilantro chutney, Indian flatbread or with lettuce wraps.