Air Fryer Hariyali Chicken - Hariyali Chicken Tikka
These chicken tikkas are delicious, flavorful and, super easy to make.
- 1.8 pounds chicken thighs chopped into 2 to 3 inch pieces (bone-in or 1.5 pounds boneless)
- 2 Serrano peppers (hari mirch)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1.5 cup fresh cilantro leaves (dhaniya ke patte)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (pudeene kee pattiyaan)
- 3 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 2 tsp mango powder (amchur)
- 2 tsps garam masala
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Chop the chicken pieces into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
Grind the Serrano peppers, water, cilantro, and mint leaves in a blender.
Mix 1.5 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except chicken. Stir well.
Add chicken in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Ideally 6 hours marinade time is perfect but in a time bind 30 minutes is good too.
When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with oil.
Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
Once it is preheated, place chicken it in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at 360°F for 18 minutes. Toss and flip the chicken at the 8 minute mark.
Remove the air fried chicken at the 18 minute mark. Repeat the steps until you run out of the marinated chicken.
Serve with Indian flatbread or with lettuce wraps. It can be served as an appetizer on its own.