Radish Chutney in Yogurt / Radish Raita / Kashmiri Muji Chetin / Mooli Chutney
This recipe is very easy to make and takes under 10 minutes. It is nutrient rich and delicious.
- 2 cups yogurt (plain) (either low fat or whole milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound Daikon radish (grated and water squeezed, roughly 2.5 cups)
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds (shahi jeera) or cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 Serrano peppers, small, finely chopped (hari mirch)
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
Scrub, trim and peel the radish. Grate the radish with a fine blade grater. Place the radishes in a paper towel and squeeze out the liquid. You could also put the grated Daikon radish in a strainer and press it down with the back of your hand or a spoon to drain out the excess liquid.
Finely Chop the Serrano peppers.
In a medium bowl combine, yogurt, salt, finely chopped Serrano peppers, red chili powder, caraway seeds or cumin seeds and grated radish well. Mix well with a spoon.
Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.