Instant Pot Rabri – Quick Easy Rabri /Rabdi
Instant Pot Rabri – Quick Easy Rabri /Rabdi – quick and easy to make, foolproof rabri recipe that can be served on its own, or with Gulab jamun or Jalebi.
- 3 cups milk powder (whole) (dry milk)
- 2 cups plain whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of saffron strands (approximately 15 strands)
- 1 tbsp pistachios chopped into thin slices (unsalted and un-shelled)
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
First, select sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust to normal. Next, add in milk, and milk powder. And, stir it continually.
Secondly add in heavy whipping cream, condensed milk, ground cardamom and saffron. Further using an immersion blender blend everything well. This step ensures there are no lumps formed. If you don't have an immersion blender use a spoon and mix really well. Make sure there are no lumps.
Add in slivered almonds and slivered pistachios. Additionally, keep stirring continually. Again, stirring is key to prevent the rabri from sticking to the bottom of the pot. In about 7 to 8 minutes of sautéing your rabdi will be ready. Also, you don’t need to wait for it to boil. If you wait too long it will start getting stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Finally, transfer the rabdi in a serving bowl and garnish with additional saffron, pistachios and slivered almonds. Enjoy as is or with gulab jamun or Jalebi. You can serve it warm or chilled.
- Make sure to use whole milk only.
- Make sure to use whole milk powder. I use Nido brand.
- Ensure that you stir continually to prevent the rabri from getting stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- You dont need to let the rabri boil. It just needs to be mixed well and sauted for a few minutes till well blended and thick.
- If you like it cold, let it refrigerate for at least 4 hours.