Jump to Recipe
Spread the love
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
My kids love Mac and Cheese. Whenever we step out to eat that's what they typically order. Before I discovered the instant pot I used to spend a lot of time making Mac and Cheese. However, now it is so easy and quick to make thanks to the Instant Pot. Sometimes when we friends over, it is often an on demand dish which gets made in a jiffy.This is one dish you cant go wrong with. It is super convenient, easy, and delicious. To make this super easy mac and cheese all you need to do is throw in all the ingredients (except for milk and the cheese) in the inner pot, mix them, and hit the manual/high pressure button for 5 minutes. Once done, you quick release the pressure and add the cheeses. You hit sauté until the cheeses melt. Easy-peasy.
- Place the macaroni, butter, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and water in the inner pot.
- Stir. Make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot well.
- Secure the lid on the pot and close the pressure-release valve. Select manual/high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking is complete, use quick release to depressurize. However, release the pressure gradually and not abruptly or else the liquid will splutter. Use a towel.
- Open the lid.
- Select sauté, add milk, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese. You can add mayonnaise for an extra creamy texture (optional). Melt the cheeses by stirring for 30 seconds to 1 minute. The extra water will evaporate by the time both the cheese melt. Press cancel.
- Transfer in a serving bowl immediately.
- Serve hot.
This recipe has been tried on the 6-quart instant pot. The proportions may vary depending on the size of the instant pot you choose to use. You can choose to add mayonnaise or not. It adds a creamy texture. When I made the recipe initially I didn’t add it. However, I do add it sometimes now.