This last-minute Air Fryer Chicken Tikka – Butter Chicken Tikka made in the Air Fryer is super easy and irresistible.
It is great to serve company, but it is also one of those dishes that work for a fast weeknight dinner.
How do I make the Air Fryer Chicken Tikka – Butter Chicken Tikka?
Firstly, using a whisk or a spoon mix all the marinade ingredients well.
Next, chop the chicken thighs (skinless and boneless) into 2 to 3 inch pieces. Additionally, chop bell peppers (either red, yellow or green), also known as capsicum into 2 to 3 inch pieces. You can use any color bell peppers. I have used red her.
Furthermore add the chicken to the marinade. Then, let the chicken marinate for an hour.
Then, preheat the air to 350°F for 5 minutes.
When the air fryer is preheated, working in batches, place the chicken and bell peppers’ mix in a single layer. Set the time and temperature and wait for it to cook.
What do I serve the Air Fryer Chicken Tikka – Butter Chicken Tikka with?
- It can we served as an appetizer with Coconut Cilantro Spicy Chutney / Green Chutney / Coriander Chutney or ketchup.
- It can be served with naan (Indian flat bread) as a part of a meal.
- Served as a side dish.
- It can also be served in lettuce as a low carb wrap.
What ingredients do I need to make the butter chicken tikka?
1.5 to 1.8 pounds boneless chicken thighs, bell-pepper, tomato ketchup, plain greek yogurt, Kashmiri chili powder, red chili powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, mango powder, garam masala, salt, dried fenugreek leaves, 1 tbsp oil, cashew nuts, water, ginger garlic paste, heavy whipping cream, and chickpea flour.
2 tablespoons additional oil to grease the air fryer basket. Additionally, melted unsalted butter will be used to top the chicken before turning it.
Can I use chicken breasts instead of thighs?
Certainly. I prefer to use thighs because they tend to stay soft and tender. Boneless skinless chicken breasts will also work with this recipe!
Can this be stored in the fridge or freezer?
Yes! You can store the air fried chicken in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy. However, it tastes best when its fresh right out of the air fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Tikka – Butter Chicken Tikka
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 bell pepper (red, green or yellow) (3/4 cup chopped)
- 1.5 to 1.8 pounds chicken thighs chopped into 2 to 3 inch pieces (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted and melted in a microwave)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (heinz or any other)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 3 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 2 tsp mango powder (amchur/amchoor powder)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi/ kasuri methi)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp oil of choice
- Chop the chicken and bell peppers into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Blend the cashew nuts with 2 tablespoon water to make a paste.
- Mix all the ingredients listed under marinade. Then add the cashew nut paste to the marinade and mix well.
- Add the chopped chicken and bell peppers to the marinade. Mix and coat the chicken well. Cover with a lid and let the chicken and bell peppers sit in the marinade for an hour.
- When you are ready to cook, rub the inside of the air fryer basket with oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Air fry at 360°F for 18 minutes. When 8 minutes are remaining, coat the chicken with 1 tbsp butter and some oil. Flip the chicken gently with tongs. If you like it slightly charred then the full 18 minutes is good or else you can take it out at the 15 minute mark. I keep mine for 18 minutes since I like the burnt tikka flavor.
- Repeat until you run out of chicken.