This Yellow Paneer Kashmiri – Kashmiri Chaman recipe is a great way to enjoy a plant-based protein in a healthy and inexpensive way. Paneer can be prepared in so many different ways. This Kashmiri Pandit style Paneer recipe is so easy to make, we hope this recipe can serve as a simple go-to. With this recipe, you can easily turn your paneer into a flavorful side dish. This recipe is completely vegetarian and can be thrown together in under 20 minutes for a filling, easy dinner.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR YELLOW PANEER KASHMIRI – KASHMIRI CHAMAN
Paneer, oil of choice, cumin seeds, whole cardamom pods, bay leaf, clove, heeng, water, salt, turmeric, ground fennel, ground ginger, milk, ground cumin, and dry crushed mint leaves.
How do I make this Yellow Paneer Kashmiri – Kashmiri Chaman?
Firstly, when you are ready to cook, in a large, heavy-bottom skillet or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Secondly, add in cumin seeds, whole black cardamom pod, bay leaf, clove, and asafetida. Third add in 2 and 1/2 cups water. Further add in ground fennel, ground turmeric, salt, ground ginger, ground cumin. Turn the heat to high.
Next let the water come to boil and further add in paneer. Further, let it sauté and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the water reduces and it enters the paneer. Finally, Finally, add in milk and let it boil. Top off with mint leaves and turn off heat.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries
Moreover, try some of our other recipes
Carrot Peas Curry – Gajar Matar Sabzi
Turnip Curry Instant Pot – Kashmiri Turnip Tscchuta Gogji
Kashmiri Tomato Eggplant Curry – Tamatar Wangun
Kashmiri Haak Aloo – Instant Pot Kale and Potato Curry
Swiss Chard Curry – Instant Pot Kashmiri Haak
Also try some of our Instant Pot recipes.
Yellow Paneer Kashmiri – Kashmiri Chaman
- 1 deep bottom pan
- 12 oz paneer (341 grams) Chopped to 15 to 16 pieces.
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 whole black cardamom pods (kali elaichi)
- 1 dried bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 whole cloves (laung)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (heeng)
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp ground fennel (saunf powder)
- 1 and 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger (sonth)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp crushed dried mint leaves
- Chop the paneer into mid-size cubes, 3 inch by 3 inch.
- When you are ready to cook, in a large, heavy-bottom skillet or pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add in cumin seeds, whole black cardamom pod, bay leaf, clove, and asafetida.
- Add in 2 and 1/2 cups water. Add in ground fennel, ground turmeric, salt, ground ginger, ground cumin. Turn the heat to high.
- Let the water come to boil and further add in paneer. Further, let it sauté and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the water reduces and it enters the paneer. Finally, add in milk and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Top off with mint leaves and turn off heat.
- Transfer the cooked dish in a serving bowl and serve over steamed rice. Discard the bay leaf.
You must log in to post a comment.
First time heard about this recipe! look delicious !
Thank You Tuvi. Yes it is delicious. A traditional Kashmiri dish
Looks yummy. Wondering if I could do the same with tofu
Thank You. Yes you absolutely can. Let me know how you like it.
I will definitely let you know