This appetizing Air Fryer Spicy Okra – Air Fryer Sukhi Bhindi recipe made in the Air Fryer is for everyone. Air fried okra with hints of green peeping through are so inviting.
Are you concerned about okra being slimy? Do not worry! The air frying process does take away the sliminess that okra frequently has. With air fried okra and the right spices, you can enjoy its extraordinary flavor—augmented with a touch of ground coriander, ground cumin, mango powder, and cayenne pepper—without fear.
I find that the more you air fry them, the crispier they get. Okra tends to shrink down quite a bit after air frying. After playing around with the air frying timing for a bit, I found what works best for me. You can do that too. If you follow this recipe as is, the okra is moderately crisp with hints of green. I tried to cook for an extra 2 minutes but that was too crispy and brown for my family.
I’ve also found that they are best eaten hot, because they can become soggy when they get cold.
What kind of Okra do I use for Air Fryer Spicy Okra – Air Fryer Sukhi Bhindi?
I use frozen Okra. There is no need to thaw or rinse. Just coat it with the spice and oil mix and you are ready to go. If you do decide to thaw and rinse it, pat it dry before coating with the spices.
Fresh will work fine too. Make sure you pat dry it before coating with the spice mix. I haven’t tried fresh okra but I would recommend rinsing, chopping, and drying it well.
Firstly, mix salt, red chili powder (cayenne pepper), ground coriander, ground cumin, mango powder (amchur powder) and 1 tbsp oil well.
Further, add the okra and mix well.
Additionally, rub the air fryer basket with a brush the remaining oil and preheat at 350°F for 5 minutes. When the air fryer is preheated, place the okra in a single layer. Set the time and temperature (350°F for 9 minutes).
Finally, when done toss and cook again 380°F for 4 minutes. Alternatively, if you don’t want it super crispy and brown you can air fry only for 2 minutes.
Do try some of my other air fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Spicy Okra/ Air Fryer Sukhi Bhindi
- Air Fryer
- 1.5 tbsp oil of choice
- 2 cups okra (frozen)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1/2 tsp mango powder (amchur/amchoor powder)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients with 1 tbsp oil except okra. Stir well. Add okra and mix well.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once it is preheated, add the okra in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Drizzle with any remaining oil.
- Air fry at 350°F for 9 minutes. Toss and cook again 380°F for 4 minutes. You can reduce it to 2 minutes instead of 4 if you dont like it super crispy.
- When done, remove the okra from the air fryer and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.
I tried this recipe and man it was finished in a jiffy! The fried okra came out delicious and everyone enjoyed it ! Thank you fast Curries !
Five stars !
This recipe is definitely a 5 star one!! Tastes amazing even by itself, cooked very well in the air fryer.
I made this and it was delicious. Thank you!!
Eulonda Thank You for taking the time out to provide a feedback. We truly appreciate it. We are so glad you liked the recipe.
Amazingly good and easy recipe!
Thank you so.mych for taking the time out to write a feedback. We appreciate it. Please do try some of our other air fryer recipes. We have loads on the website.