This Air Fryer Bhindi Okra – Air Fryer Kurkuri Bhindi recipe is one of my favorite easy snack ideas! Perfectly crisp air fried okra seasoned well and coated with rice flour, chickpea flour and spices without the added fat or calories! It is so simple and quick to throw together for an easy snack recipe. Okra loses its characteristic sliminess when roasted and develops a crunchy texture and a great flavor when cooked this way.
In the original recipe okra is deep-fried, however this is my attempt to make a healthy version in the Air Fryer
What ingredients to I need to make this Air Fryer Bhindi Okra – Air Fryer Kurkuri Bhindi?
Chickpea flour and rice flour form the marinade base.
30 pieces of whole okra pods for this recipe. The ends need to be trimmed and each pod needs to be sliced into 4 long pieces.
Other ingredients: Oil, salt, red chili powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, ground mango powder, and lemon juice.
Steps to make this recipe:
Firstly, rinse and pat dry the okra completely.
Next, trim the ends and slice each pod into 4 long pieces.
Further, mix all the marinade ingredients with 2.5 tbsp oil. When mixed well add the sliced okra and mix the okra well with the marinade.
When you are ready to cook, grease the air fryer basket with oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Then, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350°F for 5 minutes. When it’s preheated, working in batches, place the okra in a single layer.
Air fry the okra at 350°F for 7 minutes. Finally, toss and cook at 380°F for 4 minutes.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Air Fryer Bhindi Okra – Air Fryer Kurkuri Bhindi
- 30 okra pods (whole) (bhindi)
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 and 1/4 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchur/amchoor powder)
- 3.5 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Rinse the okra, drain and dry on a kitchen towel. The okra should be completely dry. Trim away the stem ends and the tips. Slice each okra in 4 thin long slices.
- Mix 2.5 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except okra and lemon juice. Stir well. The remaining oil will be used to rub the inside of the air fryer basket.
- Add the sliced okra in the marinade and coat it well.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once it is preheated, add the okra in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 350°F for 7 minutes. Toss and cook again 380°F for 4 minutes.
- When done, remove the okra from the air fryer sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.