Potatoes are guaranteed to be everyone’s favorite side dish, or main dish. They are so amazingly delicious and completely addictive! It is so easy to make these Instant Pot Boiled Potatoes – Perfectly Boiled Potatoes.
Instant Pot Boiled Potatoes – Perfectly Boiled Potatoes can be used for a variety of recipes. I use boiled potatoes to make stir fried potatoes, spicy potatoes, or potato and peas curry.
Instant Pot Boiled Potatoes – Perfectly Boiled Potatoes are very easy to make. Firstly, place the potatoes on the trivet. Next, add 2 cups water. Then, close the lid. After that, select manual and pressure cook for 6 to 12 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Finally, take out the potatoes gently with tongs.
Cook Time for Instant Pot Boiled Potatoes – Perfectly Boiled Potatoes:
For small sized potatoes: 6 minutes.
For medium sized potatoes: 8 minutes.
Large sized potatoes will take 12 minutes.
I have used 5 medium sized Yukon potatoes. Firstly, rinse the potatoes well.
Furthermore, add in 2 cups of water in the instant pot. Further, place the potatoes on a trivet.
Then, close the lid, and select manual/high pressure for 8 minutes.
Then, let the pressure release naturally. It takes roughly 7 minutes for the pressure to release naturally.
Finally, peel and chop the potatoes the way you like.
This method results in slightly firm potatoes. Firm potatoes are great for stir fried vegetables or curries. Consequently, if you need the potatoes more mushy increase the pressure time by 2 to 3 minutes.
What type of potatoes do I use?
This recipe is ideal for Yukon gold or red potatoes. These two potato types are excellent for cooking Indian food.
Russet potatoes are typically used for baking and take a very long time to come to pressure. Those aren’t ideal for these timings.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Try some of our other recipes
Instant Pot Boiled Potatoes – Perfectly Boiled Potatoes
- Instant Pot
- 5 yukon gold potatoes (medium sized)
- 2 cups water
- Rinse the potatoes well with water a few times.
- Add 2 cups water in the instant pot
- Place the trivet and place the potatoes on it.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 6-8-12 minutes depending on the size small- medium- large. I have cooked them for 8 minutes since mine were medium sized. When cooking is complete, use natural pressure release to depressurize. It should take about 7 minutes for the pressure to release if you are cooking for 8 minutes.
- Check if the potatoes by inserting a knife in one potato. Remove the potatoes using tongs.
- Peel the skin and chop if you intend on using it right away. You can also refrigerate it for later use.