This Mac & Cheese Omelette – Made in Instant Pot creates the flavor and texture you seek. The combination of egg with mac and cheese is insanely rich and delicious.
Mac and cheese is a staple at my house. The instant pot makes cooking mac and cheese so easy. Literally dump everything in and turn it on. It can’t get any easier than this.
What ingredients do I need to make the mac and cheese omelette?
Two types of cheese: Sharp cheddar (can you have mac and cheese without it?), and moist and milky flavored mozzarella cheese.
elbow macaroni, unsalted butter, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, water and milk.
For the omelette: eggs, oil, and salt.
How do we make instant pot mac and cheese omelette?
Did I already mention it is effortless and oh SO EASY? First, add the dry pasta, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and butter to the instant pot.
Then add water.
Further, close the lid, make sure the pressure valve is sealed, and set the instant pot on manual/high pressure for 5 minutes. When cooking is complete, quick release the pressure.
Furthermore, add milk, sharp cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Select saute. Keep stirring and let the cheeses’ melt. It should take about a minute to 2 minutes to thicken and reach the desired consistency. Keep stirring. Press cancel when the desired consistency is reached.
Meanwhile, when the macaroni is cooking in the instant pot and you have about 2 minutes remaining for it to be cooked, heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt.
When the oil is hot add the beaten eggs and let them cook on low heat.
Once the mac and cheese is ready add it on the top of the omelette evenly. Let it cook for a minute or 2 on low-medium heat.
Transfer in a plate slowly and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Try some of our other recipes:
Mac & Cheese Omelette – Made in Instant Pot
For the Mac and Cheese
For the omelette
- 3 eggs (whisked with a fork)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2.5 tsp oil
- Place the macaroni, butter, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and water in the inner pot.
- Stir. Make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot well.
- Secure the lid on the pot and close the pressure-release valve. Select manual/high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, when about 2 minutes are remaining, beat the eggs and salt.
- Heat oil in a nonstick 6 to 8 inch omelette pan over medium heat. Tilt the pan to spread the oil evenly. Pour in the egg mixture making sure it spreads evenly. Gently push the cooked portions of the egg so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Lower the heat to minimum.
- Meanwhile, when cooking is complete in the instant pot, use quick release to depressurize. However, release the pressure gradually and not abruptly or else the liquid will splutter. Use a towel.
- Open the lid. Select sauté, add milk, cheddar, and mozzarella cheese. Melt the cheeses by stirring for 1 to 2 minutes. The extra liquid will evaporate by the time both both the cheese melt. Press cancel.
- Meanwhile, transfer the mac and cheese gently onto the top surface of thickened eggs with no visible liquid egg on it. Cook for a few minutes on low flame.
- Transfer to a plate gently and serve immediately.