This super easy Cucumber Tomato Cilantro Salad – Spicy Salad is a family favorite recipe that we have been enjoying for years. It is a great side for just anything. I like to serve it alongside rice, tortillas or even grilled chicken.
Finely chopped vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, onions, and cilantro are tossed in lemon juice. Salt and pepper and added along with Serrano peppers.
This salad is a total classic in India. People make different versions of it with different vegetables. Some eliminate onions, and throw in whatever vegetables they have handy.
It is very easy to make and literally takes 10 minutes to put together.
1 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1/2 bell pepper, 13 baby carrots, 1/2 onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, 2 Serrano peppers, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Firstly, dice all the vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller, and layer them. Onions need to be chopped very finely.
First, dice 1 cucumber roughly into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
Second, dice 1 tomato roughly into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller layered over the cucumber.
Thirdly, dice 1/2 red bell pepper roughly into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller and layer it on the tomato. You can use either green or yellow bell peppers as well.
Next, add in finely diced baby carrots and layer them over the already chopped vegetables.
Then, add finely diced onions over the carrots.
Finally, add in finely chopped cilantro and Serrano peppers. Furthermore, mix well.
Moreover, lemon juice, salt, and pepper should be added just before serving. Since, it tends to make the salad watery if you add it and let it sit.
How long does this Cucumber Tomato Cilantro Salad – Spicy Salad keep?
It can stay in the refrigerator for a day or 2 without salt, pepper and lemon juice. Further, if you add salt, pepper and lemon juice try and consume it immediately, or else it will get soggy and watery in a couple of hours
Tried this recipe yet? Also, give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Moreover, follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries Tag us on Instagram if you make this recipe.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Kohlrabi Curry / Instant Pot Kashmiri Monji Haak / Kashmiri Style Knol Khol Curry
Instant Pot Kashmiri Goat Kalia / Instant Pot Goat Curry Cooked in Ground Fennel, Turmeric, Ginger and Milk
Spicy Cucumber Tomato and Cilantro Salad
- 1 cucumber (2 cups diced into 0.5 inch pieces)
- 1 tomato (1 cup diced into 0.5 inch pieces)
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color) (1 cup diced into 0.5 inch pieces)
- 13 baby carrots (1 cup diced into 0.5 inch pieces)
- 1/2 onion (white) (1 cup finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (fresh and finely chopped)
- 2 Serrano peppers, small (1/2 tbsp finely chopped) (hari mirch)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (either bottled or juice from a fresh lemon)
- Dice the cucumber, tomato, and bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
- Finely chop the onions, cilantro, and Serrano peppers.
Mix and Serve
- Layer and mix all the chopped vegetables well in a serving bowl. Store the mixed salad in the refrigerator until serving.
- When you are about to serve, add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.