Lamb Rogan Josh Potatoes – Instant Pot Kashmiri Rogan Josh a bone-in lamb/goat cooked in a simple, yet fantastic gravy and spiced flavorful mojo. Moist and tender, this is sure to please all the lamb/goat lovers out there. I have thrown in potatoes here to make the recipe slightly different. Goat Rogan Josh or Lamb Rogan Josh is a typical Kashmiri Pandit recipe.
What ingredients do I need to make Lamb Rogan Josh Potatoes – Instant Pot Kashmiri Rogan Josh?
Lamb or goat, (either shoulder or leg pieces cut in about 2-to-3-inch pieces), oil of choice, bay leaves, cloves, whole black cardamom pods, green cardamom pods, whole dried red chili peppers, cinnamon stick, cumin seeds, asafoetida, Kashmiri Chili powder, plain yogurt, ground fennel, ground ginger, ground cumin, salt, and garam masala.
How do I make this recipe?
First, crush the cloves and cardamoms in a mortar and pestle. Second, whisk the yogurt with a fork and keep it in a bowl at room temperature.
First, select sauté on the instant pot and adjust to normal. Second, add oil to the pot. Third, when the oil is hot add the bay leaves, crushed cloves and cardamoms. Next, add the whole dried red chili peppers and the cinnamon stick. Stir. Further add in cumin seeds.
ADD POTATOES –
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries
Tag us on instagram @fastcurries once you make it. Would love to see your creation.
Try some of our other recipes
Kashmiri Whole Moong Dal – Instant Pot Mung Bean
Lamb Rogan Josh Potatoes – Instant Pot Kashmiri Rogan Josh
- 4 and 1/2 tbsp oil of choice
- 2 dried bay leaf (tej patta)
- 3 cloves crushed (laung)
- 3 whole black cardamom pods crushed (kali elachi)
- 1 whole green cardamom pods crushed (hari elaichi)
- 3 whole dried red chili peppers
- 1 cinnamon stick about 2 inches (dalchini)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (heeng)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds goat or lamb (either shoulder or leg pieces cut in about 2 to 3 inch pieces)
- 4 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1 and 1/4 cup water (divided)
- 3 tbsp yogurt, plain yogurt whisked with a spoon
- 2 and 1/2 ground fennel (saunf powder)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (sonth powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 2 tsp salt (you can add more later if needed)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 yukon gold potatoes (small)
- Crush the cloves and cardamoms in a mortar and pestle. Wisk the yogurt with a fork and keep it in a bowl at room temperature.
- Select sauté on the instant pot and adjust to normal. Add oil to the pot. When the oil is hot add the bay leaves, crushed cloves and cardamoms. Next, add the whole dried red chili peppers and the cinnamon stick. Stir. Add in cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds splutter add in asafeotida. Add the goat/lamb pieces and stir well for about 8 to 10 minutes until the pieces turn brown. Furthermore, add in Kashmiri chili powder and 1/4 cup water. Sauté and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the whisked yogurt slowly (one spoon at a time) to the pot mixing it continuously. Let it sauté for a minute or two. Furthermore, add ground fennel, ground ginger, ground cumin, and salt. Stir. Make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot well. Furthermore, add in the remaining 1 cup water. Press cancel.
- Secure the lid on the pot and close the pressure-release valve. select manual and cook at high pressure for 33 minutes. When cooking is complete, use quick pressure release to depressurize.
- Meanwhile rinse peel and chop the potatoes to long wedges. Also, it should be about 4 to 6 wedges per potato.
- Further, add the potatoes to the pot with the cooked meat. Again, secure the lid on the pot and close the pressure-release valve, and select manual and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes. When cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally.
- Finally, open the lid. Add the garam masala and give it a stir. If there is excess gravy you can select sauté and evaporate the gravy for a minute or two.
You must log in to post a comment.