Spicy Andhra Cauliflower Pickle – Spicy Andhra Avakaya homemade refrigerator pickles. This pickle will be gone before you know it. There is always some homemade pickle in my refrigerator. No matter what time of year, cauliflower is always available to make this recipe. Moreover, quick pickles are an impressive gift that’s easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
Ingredients needed to make Andhra Cauliflower Pickle – Spicy Andhra Avakaya
Cauliflower, red chili powder, salt, lemon juice, whole garlic, ground turmeric, urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds, whole dried red chili peppers, curry leaves, oil, fenugreek seeds, and mustard seeds.
Cauliflower has several health benefits. Here is a link that highlights the benefits of cauliflower.
METHOD TO MAKE – Andhra Cauliflower Pickle – Spicy Andhra Avakaya
Discouraged By Pickling?
Don’t be. There are many different ways to pickle with varying results, but making home made pickles is simple and can result in a really delicious finished product without preservatives.
Tried this recipe yet? Also, give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Moreover, follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @FastcurriesMoreover, try some of our other recipes
Andhra Cauliflower Pickle
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower florets into small florets. (1-to-2-inch pieces) Discard the stems. Let them dry on a paper towel on the kitchen counter for 8 to 10 hours until all the moisture is evaporated.
- When ready to cook, mince the whole garlic bulb finely.
- Make the spice mix by adding a drop of oil in a pan. Further add in fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds and blend in a spice blender.
- In a bowl add in red chili powder, salt, ground turmeric, and 1/2 of the minced garlic, and lemon juice and the spice mix. Mix well.
- Then in a pan add in 1 and 1/4 cup oil on medium heat and all the tempering ingredients plus 1/2 of the minced garlic until it splutters. Turn off heat.
- Add the tempering to the spice mix and mix well. Finally add in the chopped cauliflower florets/ mix well and let it soak. Keep it overnight covered on a kitchen counter until all the spices are soaked. Enjoy the next day with rice or roti.
- This can last in the fridge for a month.