Air fryer Spicy Paneer – Indian Paneer Tikka is crispy, juicy, delicious and so easy to make. My new favorite way to cook paneer is in the air fryer.
I am in love with the air fryer. There are times when I don’t want to cook very detailed meals. That’s when the air fryer comes to the RESCUE! It’s adaptable and fast. You can cook a lot of things in it quickly!
Most of the recipes that I have attempted in the air fryer require almost zero prep work.
What is paneer?
Paneer is squeaky, fresh cheese from the Indian subcontinent. It is a vegetarian’s companion and is made by curdling milk with a vegetable-derived acid, for instance lemon juice. It has a milky flavor. You can make paneer at home, however I buy mine from the Indian grocery store. I don’t have the patience to make it at home. There are many recipes online for making homemade paneer. This is the paneer I used for making this spicy paneer tikka recipe. You can buy any brand that you like or prefer.
How to we make this Air Fryer Spicy Paneer – Indian Paneer Tikka?
Chop the paneer block in 2 to 3 inch pieces.
Step 1: Firstly, mix all the ingredients (oil, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder, kashmiri chili powder, ground turmeric, mango powder, garam masala, ground coriander, and ground cumin) in Greek yogurt. Second, throw the chopped paneer in the marinade. Additionally, let the paneer marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 2: When you are ready to cook, grease the air fryer basket with oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Furthermore, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350
What do I serve this spicy paneer tikka with?
- Served as an appetizer with cilantro chutney.
- With naan (Indian flat bread) as a part of a meal.
- Served as a side dish.
- Also, can also be served in lettuce as a low carb vegetarian wrap.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Air Fryer Spicy Paneer – Indian Paneer Tikka
- 12 oz paneer (340 gms) (store bought)
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 1.5 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchur/amchoor powder)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (either freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- Chop the paneer into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except paneer. Stir well.
- Add the chopped paneer in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once it is preheated, add paneer one piece at a time and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Discard the left over extra marinade. Do not overcoat the paneer with it.
- Air fry at 370°F for 6 minutes. Flip the paneer gently with silicone kitchen tongs and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the paneer from the air fryer and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.