Learn how to make Air Fryer Paneer Tikka – Stuffed Paneer Tikka with this easy and yummy recipe!
Paneer tikka can get boring at times. But no worries! What if I told you that you could have the most unbeatable, unparalleled, flavorful, and the easiest EVER paneer stuffed tikka…A quick 40 minute weeknight meal…with super simple steps?? I’m tellin’ ya. This crisp-on-the-outside, stuffed on the inside paneer is about to change your life.
Serve over rice and with veggies, or in a wrap or just as a side dish or an appetizer.
Most of the recipes that I have attempted in the air fryer require almost zero prep work.
What is paneer?
Paneer is squeaky, fresh cheese from the Indian subcontinent. It is a vegetarian’s companion and is made by curdling milk with a vegetable-derived acid, for instance lemon juice. It has a milky flavor. You can make paneer at home, however I buy mine from the Indian grocery store. I don’t have the patience to make it at home. There are many recipes online for making homemade paneer. This is the paneer I used for making this spicy paneer tikka recipe. You can buy any brand that you like or prefer.
How to we make this Air Fryer Paneer Tikka – Stuffed Paneer Tikka?
Firstly, you need to make the sauce/chutney that will be used to stuff the paneer. You will need greek yogurt, fresh cilantro, serrano pepper, mint leaves, and lemon juice. Next, blend these ingredients in a blender.
Further, chop the paneer block in 2 to 3 inch pieces.
Slit each piece of paneer horizontally. It doesn’t need to be slit all the way, just ¾ th to accommodate the filling.
Furthermore, make the marinade for the paneer.
Marinade: Mix all the ingredients (oil, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder, kashmiri chili powder, ground turmeric, mango powder, garam masala, ground coriander, and ground cumin) in Greek yogurt.
Add the cilantro chutney inside the slit paneer.
Add the paneer filled the cilantro chutney in the marinade and let it sit in the marinade for 30 minutes.
When you are ready to cook, grease the air fryer basket with oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Then, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350
What do I serve this Air Fryer Paneer Tikka – Stuffed Paneer Tikka with?
- It can be served as an appetizer.
- It can be served with naan (Indian flat bread) or rice as a part of a meal.
- Served as a side dish.
- It can also be served in lettuce as a low carb vegetarian wrap.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Moreover, try some of our other air fryer recipes:
Air Fryer Spicy Tandoori Chicken
Air Fryer Paneer Tikka – Stuffed Paneer Tikka
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves freshly chopped (dhaniya ke patte)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (pudeene kee pattiyaan)
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 serrano pepper (green chili)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 12 oz paneer (340 gms) (store bought)
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 1.5 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchur/amchoor powder)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (either freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- Blend all the ingredients listed under cilantro filling into a fine paste in a blender.
- Chop the paneer into 2 to 3 inch pieces. Slit each piece of paneer horizontally from the center. It doesn't need to be slit all the way, just ¾ th to accommodate the filling. Make sure not to slit the whole paneer.
- Fill the individual slits in each paneer with cilantro chutney. Don't overfill. Make sure it doesn't overflow.
- For the marinade, Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients listed under marinade except paneer. Stir well.
- Add the chutney stuffed paneer in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once it is preheated, add paneer one piece at a time and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Discard the left over extra marinade. Do not overcoat the paneer with it.
- Air fry at 370°F for 6 minutes. Flip the paneer gently with silicone kitchen tongs and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the paneer from the air fryer and serve.
You must log in to post a comment.