Sometimes cooking can be an extensive and a boring process but not with this Air Fryer Shrimp Tikka – Spicy Indian Shrimp recipe. You won’t believe how quick and easy this spicy shrimp tikka recipe is to prepare. Serve as a party appetizer, a side dish or in lettuce as a low carb wrap.
With a little prep ahead of time, this quick and easy shrimp tikka can be cooked in a few minutes.
Shrimp: I use frozen, peeled, deveined raw shrimp from Costco. (50-70 count per pound), that is the small-sized shrimp. You can use whatever you have handy, just make sure, you follow the cup measurements. You can use fresh shrimp and large sized shrimp as well. They need to be peeled and deveined. In order to thaw the frozen shrimp I placed them in a bowl of cold tap water in the sink and kept the water running gently for 5 minutes. When thawed pat the shrimp dry with a napkin.
How do I make Air Fryer Shrimp Tikka – Spicy Indian Shrimp?
It is very easy. Marinate the shrimp in Greek yogurt with a whole bunch of spices and ingredients for 20 minutes. The ingredients include: ginger garlic paste, fresh cilantro finely chopped, heavy whipping cream, carom seeds, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, ground mustard, and oil.
Step 1: Add 1 tbsp oil and all the ingredients in the Greek yogurt except shrimp. Mix well. Add the shrimp in the marinade and coat the shrimp well with the marinade. Let the shrimp marinate for 20 minutes.
Step 2: When you are ready to cook, grease your air fryer basket with 1/2 to 1 tbsp oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Then, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350°F for 5 minutes. When it’s preheated, working in batches, place the shrimp in a single layer. Air fry for 7 minutes, flip it and air fry for another 2 minutes.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Air Fryer Shrimp Tikka – Spicy Indian Shrimp
- 2.5 cups shrimp (frozen deveined) (50 – 70 count per pound)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 1 tsp cilantro (fresh and finely chopped) (dhaniya ke patte)
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard (sarson powder)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except shrimp. Stir well.
- Add shrimp in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once it is preheated, add shrimp and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Discard the left over extra marinade. Do not overcoat the shrimp with it.
- Air fry at 350°F for 7 minutes. Flip the shrimp and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Ground cayenne pepper and red chili powder can be used interchangeably as both of them make the dish spicy. So if you don’t have red chili powder you can use cayenne pepper instead.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, the spice levels in this recipe would be at level 4. So if you don’t like very spicy food you can reduce the amount of red chili powder.
You must log in to post a comment.