You don’t have to wait for the weekend to enjoy restaurant-style shrimp. This Air Fryer Dhaniya Shrimp – Spicy Cilantro Shrimp Tikka is a recipe in which shrimp is perfectly cooked.
How do we make Air Fryer Dhaniya Shrimp – Spicy Cilantro Shrimp Tikka?
I am obsessed with shrimp cooked in this marinade. First, you take shrimp and put it in the marinade mix and let marinate for 20 minutes. This is quick, simple, requires only pantry ingredients, and allows the flavors of the coconut milk, and spices along with the shrimp to shine through.
What ingredients do we need to make Air Fryer Dhaniya Shrimp – Spicy Cilantro Shrimp Tikka?
I used simple truth coconut milk. Alternatively, you can use canned coconut milk as well. Make sure to shake the can so that the milk is mixed well.
Ginger garlic paste:
I used packaged ginger garlic paste from the Indian store. Additionally, you can mince equal quantities of fresh ginger and garlic to make your own paste.
I use frozen, peeled, deveined raw shrimp from Costco. (50-70 count per pound), that is the small-sized shrimp. You can use whatever you have handy, just make sure, you follow the cup measurements. You can use fresh peeled and deveined shrimp and large sized shrimp as well. The frozen shrimp can be thawed by placing them in a bowl of cold tap water in the sink under running gently for 5 minutes. once thawed, pat the shrimp dry with a napkin.
What do I serve Air Fryer Dhaniya Shrimp – Spicy Cilantro Shrimp Tikka with?
- As an appetizer with cilantro chutney.
- With naan (Indian flat bread) as a part of a meal.
- Also, as a side dish.
- Additionally, in lettuce as a low carb wrap.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Air Fryer Dhaniya Shrimp – Spicy Cilantro Shrimp Tikka
- 1.5 cups shrimp (frozen deveined) (50 – 70 count per pound)
- 1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp seranno pepper (3 whole small Serrano peppers chopped and crushed in a motor and pestle)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped (dhaniya ke patte)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- Rinse and chop the cilantro finely.
- Chop the serrano pepper and grind it in a motor and pestle.
- Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except shrimp. Stir well.
- Add shrimp in the marinade and coat it well. Let it sit in the marinade for 20 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with oil.
- Once it is preheated, add shrimp and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 350°F for 7 minutes. Flip the shrimp and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, the spice levels in this recipe would be at level 4. So if you don’t like very spicy food you can reduce the amount of Serrano pepper.