Air fryer Paneer Nuggets – Spicy Paneer Tikka Popcorn are a perfect stand out appetizer star. As most Indian cooking, this recipe demands a few spices. However, this dish is so easy to make. You just mix the spices in greek yogurt, add the paneer, and mix it in the breadcrumbs.
Air Fryer Paneer Nuggets – Spicy Paneer Tikka Popcorn – What is paneer?
Paneer is squeaky, fresh cheese from the Indian subcontinent. It is a vegetarian’s companion and is made by curdling milk with a vegetable-derived acid, for instance lemon juice. It has a milky flavor. You can make paneer at home, however I buy mine from the Indian grocery store. I don’t have the patience to make it at home. There are many recipes online for making homemade paneer. This is the paneer I used for making this spicy paneer tikka nugget recipe. You can buy any brand that you like or prefer.
The breadcrumbs are used to coat the paneer to give it a crunchy nugget texture. Plain progresso breadcrumbs work great for this recipe.
How to we make Air Fryer Paneer Nuggets – Spicy Paneer Tikka Popcorn?
Firstly, chop the paneer block in 2 to 3 inch pieces.
First, mix all the ingredients (oil, ginger garlic paste, dried fenugreek leaves, freshly chopped cilantro, chickpea flour, salt, red chili powder, mango powder, garam masala, ground coriander, and ground cumin) in Greek yogurt. Next, throw in the chopped paneer into the marinade. Furthermore, marinate the paneer for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Also, when you are ready to cook, grease the air fryer basket with 1 tablespoon oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Then, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350
Additionally, coat the paneer in the breadcrumbs.
When the air fryer is preheated, working in batches, place the paneer in a single layer. Finally, set the time and temperature and wait for it to cook.
What do I serve Air Fryer Paneer Nuggets – Spicy Paneer Tikka Popcorn with?
- As an appetizer with cilantro chutney or ketchup.
- With naan (Indian flat bread) as a part of a meal.
- Above all, as a side dish.
- As well as in lettuce as a low carb vegetarian wrap.
Tried this Air Fryer Paneer Nuggets – Spicy Paneer Tikka Popcorn recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Air Fryer Paneer Nuggets – Spicy Paneer Tikka Popcorn
- 12 oz paneer (340 gms) (store bought)
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 3 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 3/4 tsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 2.5 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tsp mango powder (amchur/amchoor powder)
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 2 tsp cilantro (fresh and finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Chop the paneer into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Mix 1.5 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except paneer and the breadcrumbs. Stir well.
- Add the chopped paneer in the marinade and coat it well. Let the paneer sit in the marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- While, the air fryer is heating, coat the paneer mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Once it is preheated, add paneer one piece at a time and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Discard the left over extra marinade. Do not overcoat the paneer with it.
- Air fry at 370°F for 6 minutes. Flip the paneer gently with silicone kitchen tongs and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the paneer from the air fryer and serve.