Air fryer Amritsari Paneer -Spicy Paneer Tikka – is a perfect party appetizer.
Lately, I have been making several air fryer recipes for my family and I had to share this recipe with my readers. Paneer cooked this way is easy, and absolutely delicious.
This paneer recipe reminds me of my college days living in Mumbai, India where I would have the traditional version grilled in a tandoor served with naan at local restaurants. This air fryer recipe is not far off from what I grew up eating.
What ingredients do we need to make Air Fryer Amritsari Paneer -Spicy Paneer Tikka?
So, we need chickpea flour. This is available in most Indian grocery stores as well as on Amazon.
The chickpea flour is mixed with lemon juice to up that tang, along with pungent ginger and garlic paste that forms the base of our marinade.
We then add all the other spices, (carom seeds, ground turmeric, garam masala, cayenne pepper). We then throw in 1 table spoon oil, some water, and salt and mix the marinade well.
Toss the large cubes of paneer in the marinade. The paneer needs to be in the marinade for 30 minutes. I used the store bought paneer. You can use home made paneer too.
When 25 minutes of the marination time are up, preheat the air fryer. When the air fryer is preheated, working in batches, place the paneer in a single layer. Set the time and temperature and wait for it to cook.
To serve I like to add a little chaat masala over the air fried paneer.
How do we make Air Fryer Amritsari Paneer -Spicy Paneer Tikka?
Chop the paneer block in 2 to 3 inch pieces.
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients (chickpea flour, carom seeds, ground turmeric, garam masala, salt, 1 tbsp oil, ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought), red chili powder, lemon juice and water. Throw the chopped paneer in the marinade. Let the paneer marinate for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Furthermore, when you are ready to cook, grease the air fryer basket with 1 tablespoon oil. I grease mine by rubbing, brushing, or spraying, a little bit of oil on the bottom grate. Then, follow your air fryer directions for preheating to 350°F for 5 minutes.
Once the air fryer is preheated, working in batches, place the paneer in a single layer. Set the time and temperature and wait for it to cook.
Once the cooking time is up drizzle the paneer with chaat masala.
What do I serve spicy Amritsari paneer tikka with?
- It can we served as an appetizer with cilantro chutney or ketchup.
- It can be served with naan (Indian flat bread) as a part of a meal.
- Served as a side dish.
- It can also be served in lettuce as a low carb vegetarian wrap.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Also, try some of our other recipes:
Air Fryer Amritsari Paneer -Spicy Paneer Tikka
- 12 oz paneer (340 gms) (store bought)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 and 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil of choice (divided)
- 3/4 tbsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 2.5 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (either freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala (for garnish)
- Chop the paneer into 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Mix 1 tbsp oil with all the other ingredients except paneer and chaat masala. Stir well.
- Add the chopped paneer in the marinade and coat it well. Let the paneer sit in the marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, rub inside of air fryer basket with the remaining 1 tbsp oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes.
- Once it is preheated, add paneer one piece at a time and place it in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Discard the left over extra marinade. Do not overcoat the paneer with it.
- Air fry at 370°F for 6 minutes. Flip the paneer gently with silicone kitchen tongs and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the paneer from the air fryer, sprinkle with chaat masala, and serve.