Who is ready for a succulent bowl of Thai Green Tofu Curry – Instant Pot Green Tofu Curry?
Thai Green Tofu Curry – Instant Pot Green Tofu Curry with bell peppers, green beans, and carrots is incredibly flavorful. It’s the ideal, fulfilling veggie-packed meal!
Last week, I made the Instant Pot Easy Thai Red Chicken Curry and since then have been experimenting with multiple Thai recipes.
What ingredients do I need?
Green curry paste:
As for me, for the curry paste I usually buy the Thai Kitchen brand, which is in little glass jars that you can find at your local grocery store in the Asian aisle.
Additionally, good-quality unsweetened coconut milk is important, too; I like the Thai Kitchen brand. In my opinion, do not buy the lite coconut milk. The regular unsweetened coconut milk makes the curry creamy.
As for me, I use the Thai Kitchen brand fish sauce. Can I eliminate the fish sauce? Certainly! You can eliminate this if you are a vegetarian.
Serrano pepper: This is totally optional. Everyone has different preferences for spice and heat. I have added 2 Serrano peppers to spice the curry up. My 6-year-old wasn’t at all phased out by the spice levels, but we like spicy food. You can totally eliminate Serrano peppers if you don’t like spicy food. For medium heat throw in one.
Carrots: I used baby carrots since I had those in my refrigerator. I diced them into 2-inch pieces. You can use regular carrots instead of baby carrots as well. All you need to do is dice them into 2 inch pieces.
Green Beans: I use frozen green beans. There is no need to thaw them. You can use fresh green beans as well. Just chop them into 4-inch pieces.
I used half of a red bell pepper. You can use green or yellow bell peppers if you prefer those. They need to be chopped into thin long strips.
Ginger garlic paste:
I used the combined packaged ginger garlic paste available in Asian/ Indian stores. You can mince fresh ginger and garlic in equal quantities in case you don’t have the paste.
Other than the ingredients already mentioned you need yellow onion, lime juice, brown sugar, basil leaves, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, roasted/salted cashews, firm tofu, and oil of choice.
How do I make the this curry?
Firstly, chop the bell peppers into thin long strips. Then, cut around the stem and core of the bell pepper. Further, remove and discard the core. Furthermore, trim the white membrane from inside the pepper and chop them into long strips.
Next, chop the onions finely. Roughly chop the cilantro and basil leaves.
Slit the Serrano peppers into two halves lengthwise.
Discard the water and lightly press the tofu. Dice the tofu into 2-inch cubes.
When you are ready to cook, first select saute on the instant pot and adjust to normal. Secondly, add oil.
Furthermore, when the oil is hot, add onions, and ginger garlic paste.
In addition, stir in the green curry paste and let it sauté for about a minute.
Additionally, stir in coconut milk and let it thicken will take about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Further, add in bell peppers, carrots, green beans, Serrano peppers, and tofu.
Further, secure the lid on the pot. Next, select manual and cook at high pressure for 0 minutes. When cooking is complete, use quick pressure release to depressurize.
Select saute. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, basil leaves, cilantro and cashews gently without breaking the tofu. Add the salt and pepper. Let it saute for a minute or two. Finally, press cancel and transfer in a serving bowl.
Last but not the least, serve hot over Jasmine rice.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Moreover, try some of our other recipes:
Instant Pot Thai Green Tofu Curry
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 tbsp oil of choice
- 1/2 cup onion chopped (yellow)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (either freshly minced in equal quantities or store bought)
- 4 tbsp thai green curry paste (Thai kitchen brand)
- 13.6 oz coconut milk can
(unsweetened) (Thai kitchen brand)
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced into long strips
- 1/2 cup carrots (roughly 6 to 8 baby carrots chopped into 2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup green beans (frozen or fresh chopped into 4 inch pieces)
- 2 serrano peppers (small) (optional)
- 14 oz tofu (firm) (397 gms)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (either freshly squeezed or bottled)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 6 basil leaves fresh (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves (fresh and roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp cashews (roasted and salted)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Chop the bell peppers into thin long strips. Cut around the stem and core of the bell pepper. Remove and discard the core. Trim the white membrane from inside the pepper and chop them into long strips.
- Chop the onions finely.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and basil leaves.
- Slit the Serrano peppers into two halves lengthwise.
- Discard the water and lightly press the tofu. Dice the tofu into 2-inch cubes.
- Chop the carrots into 2 inch pieces and greens beans into 4 inch pieces.
- Select sauté on the instant pot and adjust to normal.
- Add oil to the pot. When the oil is hot, add onions, and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir in green curry paste and let it sauté for about a minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk and let it thicken will take about 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Add in bell peppers, carrots, green beans, Serrano peppers, and tofu.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Select manual and cook at high pressure for 0 minutes. When cooking is complete, use quick pressure release to depressurize.
- Select saute. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, basil leaves, cilantro, and cashews. Add the salt and pepper. Let it saute for a minute or two. Press cancel and transfer in a serving bowl.
- Serve hot over Jasmine rice.
- On a scale of 1 to 5, I would place this dish on a level of 3.5 in terms of spice levels if you throw in 2 Serrano peppers. You can modify the spice levels as per your heat tolerance.
- You can eliminate the fish sauce if you are vegetarian.