Today I’ve got a wonderful side dish for you. This Instant Pot Hasselback Eggs – Easy Eggs with cilantro, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and whole red chili pepper is a crowd pleaser no matter what you serve it with.
The eggs look great, right? And believe me they taste AMAZING!
How to prepare Instant Pot Hasselback Eggs – Easy Eggs?
In order to make the eggs, we pressure cook the eggs in the instant pot. How do we do that? Firstly, we add a cup of water to the inner pot and place the eggs on the wire trivet. Further, we then select manual/high pressure for 5 minutes. Furthermore, once done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then quick release the remaining pressure. Then, we then get the eggs out and place them under running water until they are cold enough to peel. That’s all! Finally, we then peel the eggs.
Meanwhile, when the eggs are being pressure cooked we make the oil mix to be drizzled on the top.
For the oil mix we need: Oil, whole dried red chili peppers, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, minced garlic, salt, ground black pepper, red chili powder (cayenne pepper), and freshly chopped cilantro.
When the pan is slightly hot, in about a minute, add oil. Then, after about 30 seconds, add in mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
Consequently, when the seeds splutter, add the chopped red chili pepper, the garlic paste, salt, ground black pepper, and red chili powder. Stir well. Turn off the heat.
Place the eggs in a serving plate. Slice all the eggs into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced.
Drizzle the eggs with the mix and put the mix gently in between the slit eggs with a spoon.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think.
Finally, try some of our other recipes:
Instant Pot Hasselback Eggs – Easy Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 2.5 tbsp oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 whole dried red chilli peppers (coarsely cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (garlic stir-in paste)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves (fresh and finely chopped) (dhaniya ke patte)
- Wash and finely chop the cilantro.
- Place the wire rack in the inner pot. Pour water in the inner pot.
- Place the eggs on the wire rack.
- Secure the lid on the pot and close the pressure-release valve.
- Select manual and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan on medium-heat.
- When the pan is slightly hot, in about a minute, add oil.
- After about 30 seconds, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, add the chopped red chili pepper, the garlic paste, salt, ground black pepper, and red chili powder. Stir well. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mix in a bowl, add the finely chopped cilantro and mix well. Let it set for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete in the instant pot, release the pressure naturally after 5 minutes. Then quick release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Then run the eggs under cold running water and peel.
- Place the eggs in a serving plate. Slice all the eggs into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced.
- Drizzle the eggs with the mix and put the mix gently in between the slit eggs with a spoon.
- Serve as a side dish or an appetizer.
- This recipe has been tried on a 6-quart instant pot. The proportions may vary depending on the size of the instant pot you choose to use.
- Ground cayenne pepper and red chili powder can be used interchangeably as both of them make the dish spicy. So if you don’t have red chili powder you can use cayenne pepper instead.
- This recipe is moderately spicy. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would place it at level 3.5. If you don’t like your food spicy, you can reduce the amount of red chili powder.