These Tamarind Tandoori Lamb Chops – Grilled Tamarind Lamb Chops are marinated with warm Indian spices and cooked until juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. This recipe is the perfect grilling recipe for a special occasion!
Lamb may be a bit expensive, but for this amazing recipe I bought a package with 8 to 10 Australian loin lamb chops at Costco. Here is a link that mentions the benefits of lamb chops.
Can you make these Tamarind Tandoori Lamb Chops – Grilled Tamarind Lamb Chops without an outdoor grill?
Yes absolutely. You can also make these in the air fryer, in the oven or on a stove top grill pan with ridges. Usually, I pan-sear the chops about 4 minutes each side.
This is an estimate but my rule of thumb on digital temperature is as follows:
- 140 degrees Fahrenheit – Rare ~ 8 minutes
- 140-160 degrees Fahrenheit – Medium ~ 12 minutes
- Over 160 degrees Fahrenheit – Well done ~ 16 minutes
How do I make this recipe?
Moreover, try some of our other recipes
Tamarind Tandoori Lamb Chops – Grilled Tamarind Lamb Chops
- 1 Grill or Air Fryer
- 2.5 to 3.5 pounds lamb loin chops (about 10 pieces, from Costco)
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt, plain
- 4 tbsp oil of choice
- 4 tsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 2 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (haldi powder)
- 3 tsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 2 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate (needs to be thick)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (kali mirch)
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- Mix all the ingredients except lamb in a deep large bowl. When the marinade is mixed well, pat dry the lamb with a paper towel, and add the lamb in the marinade. Let the lamb marinate for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight. Ideally a marinade time of 6 to 8 hours works great for all the spices to soak in. Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high, 425˚F. Grill the lamb chops on medium heat for 8-16 minutes, or until the internal temperature reads 140 degrees F or until browned as desired. Flip them and cook on the other side for a few minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add lamb chops to the air fryer basket and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping halfway. or until browned.