Whether you are looking for the perfect side dish for a fancy dinner, or just need an easy side dish recipe for a busy weeknight dinner, this Gawar Ki Sabzi – Gavar – Cluster Beans fits the bill. Moreover, you can start from fresh or frozen, they cook up fast, and they are so versatile and delicious.
Benefits of Gavar used in this Gawar Ki Sabzi – Gavar – Cluster Beans
Gavar is said to offer several nutritional benefits. Here is an article the lists out gavar benefits
Ingredients needed to make Gawar Ki Sabzi – Gavar – Cluster Beans
Gawar (frozen or fresh), oil of choice, mustard seeds, asafoetida, garlic cloves, ground cumin, ground ginger, ground coriander, Kashmiri Chili powder, ground turmeric, salt, water, and roasted and crushed peanuts.
Method to make this recipe –
Tried this recipe yet? Also, Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Further, Follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries
Moreover, try some of our other recipes
Gawar Ki Sabzi – Gavar – Cluster Beans
- 1 deep bottom pot
- 2 cups gawar (chopped to 3 inch pieces)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (heeng)
- 6 to 7 garlic cloves ( 1 and 1/2 tbsp chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1/3 tsp ground ginger (sonth)
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander (dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water (plus 1 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp roasted and ground peanuts
- Rinse, pat dry and chop the head and tail of the cluster beans. Further chop them to 3 to 4 inch pieces. In a deep bottom pot on medium heat, add in oil of choice. Second, add in mustard seeds, and asafoetida.
- When the mustard seeds splutter add in chopped garlic. Further stir and let the garlic turn fragrant and golden about 30 seconds. Furthermore, add in all the spices (ground cumin, ground ginger, ground coriander, Kashmiri chili powder, ground turmeric) and salt. Stir
- Quickly add 1/4 cup water and stir well to prevent the spices from burning.
- Add in the gawar and stir well. Further add in 1 tbsp water and roasted and crushed peanuts.
- Lower heat and cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until the gawar is cooked.