You need less than five minutes to make this easy Avocado Lassi – Yogurt Avocado Smoothie. This recipe is perfect for busy mornings. Additionally, it also makes a great afternoon snack.
What is lassi?
Lassi is a popular yogurt-based drink from the Indian subcontinent. It’s made in two distinct ways: sweet and salty (also known as chaas). The sweet version with added sugar balances the natural sourness of the yoghurt. Then there are varieties where you can often add fruits like mango.
Because this lassi uses natural, real, and healthy ingredients, it tastes so invigorating and is worthwhile.
Ingredients needed to make Avocado Lassi – Yogurt Avocado Smoothie:
Water or milk— I personally prefer milk for the thick creamy lassi. For a lassi without milk, use water. It still tastes amazing.
Avocado- Adds a great creamy texture to the lassi. Use a ripe avocado.
Rose essence – rose essence is available on Amazon or Indian grocery stores. Its optional but adds a great flavor to the lassi.
First, prep all of the smoothie ingredients: peel and cut the avocado to mid-sized pieces.
Second, place all of the ingredients except pistachios in a high-powered blender. Third, blend everything up until smooth. Also, if you’d like a thinner lassi, add in a bit more milk. However, lassi is traditionally meant to be thick.
Finally transfer to two small glasses and garnish with pistachios.
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram @fastcurries.
Additionally, try some of our other recipes:
Spinach Mango Banana Smoothie – Green Plant-based
Spinach Strawberry Mango Smoothie – Vegan
Cherry and Dark Chocolate Overnight Oats
Strawberries and Cream Overnight Oats with Dark Chocolate
Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream Fruit Dessert
Blueberry Avocado Spinach Smoothie
Avocado Lassi – Yogurt Avocado Smoothie
- 1 avocado, ripe ( 1 cup chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp rose essence (optional, just a drop)
- 2 tsp pistachios, chopped , raw and unsalted (for garnish)
- Peel and cut the avocado to mid-sized pieces.
- Place all of the ingredients except pistachios in a high-powered blender. Third, blend everything up until smooth. Also, if you’d like a thinner lassi, add in a bit more milk. However, lassi is traditionally meant to be thick.
- Transfer to two small glasses and garnish with pistachios.
You must log in to post a comment.