For a refreshing and enriching lassi, try this Greek Yogurt Mango Lassi – Mango Smoothie made with fresh mangoes and Greek Yogurt. It’s quick to whip up with more protein per serving than regular lassi! For busy people who are on the go, sipping on a lassi can help keep energy levels up.
Typically lassi is made with plain regular yogurt, but I have used Greek Yogurt. As per an article in AARP, on average, Greek yogurt contains as much as 17 grams of protein, compared with around 9 grams in regular yogurt, Ewoldt says. Double the protein! More protein in your diet is beneficial for muscle recovery and growth, and it helps keep you feeling fuller longer. Here is the link that compares regular yogurt versus Greek Yogurt.
Ingredients needed for Greek Yogurt Mango Lassi – Mango Smoothie –
Fresh sweet ripe mangoes, Greek Yogurt (non fat), sugar, raw pistachios, ground cardamom, non fat milk, a few saffron strands, and a few ice cubes.
First, rinse and chop the mango. To do that hold the mango with one hand on the cutting board, stand it on its end, stem side down. Second, with a sharp knife in your other hand, cut from the top of the mango, down one side of the pit.
Then repeat with the other side. You should end up with three pieces: two halves, and a middle section that includes the pit. Further, take a mango half and use a knife to make lengthwise and crosswise cuts in it, but try not to cut through the peel. At this point you may be able to peel the segments right off the peel with your fingers. Or, you can use a small paring knife or spoon to cut away the pieces from the peel.
Then in a high speed blender, add in the chopped mangoes, Greek yogurt, sugar, a pinch of ground cardamom, milk, a few saffron strands, and 2 to 3 ice cubes. Blend well. This lassi is thick, so you can add more milk if needed. I like mine thick. You can reduce the sugar if your mangoes are super sweet or of you like less sugar. It’s really whatever works for you!
Tried this recipe yet? Also, give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Moreover, follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries Tag us on Instagram if you make this recipe.
Also, try some of our other recipes
Greek Yogurt Mango Lassi – Mango Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 2 to 3 large sweet ripe mangoes (2 cups diced)
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt, non fat
- 2 to 4 tbsp sugar (2 if you like it less sweet, 4 if you like it super sweet..it also depends on how sweet your mangoes are, so start with 2 tbsp)
- a pinch of ground cardamom
- a few saffron strands to add in the lassi
- 1 cup milk, plain, non fat
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp raw unsalted pistachios (to top off)
- a few finely diced mangoes (to top off)
- a few saffron strands to top off
- Dice the fresh mango to small cubes.
- In a high speed blender, add in the chopped mangoes, Greek yogurt, sugar, a pinch of ground cardamom, milk, a few saffron strands, and 2 to 3 ice cubes. Blend well. This lassi is thick, so you can add more milk if needed. I like mine thick. You can reduce the sugar if your mangoes are super sweet or of you like less sugar. It’s really whatever works for you!
- Top off with unsalted pistachios, a few saffron strands and a few chopped mangoes. Enjoy