Tandoori Lamb Chops – Tandoori Grilled Lamb Chops are a tender and luscious suppertime favorite. This roasted leg of lamb seasoned with ginger garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder, Greek Yogurt, lemon juice, ground cumin, Kashmiri chili powder and a few more spices. It is a succulent dish that truly celebrates summer.
Ingredients needed to make Tandoori Lamb Chops – Tandoori Grilled Lamb Chops –
Greek yogurt, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, ground cumin, Kashmiri chili powder, red chili powder, dried fenugreek leaves, ground turmeric, salt, vegetable oil, and butter.
What kind of lamb chops do I need?
I used a lack of lamb from Costco. The Kirkland Signature Halal Frenched Rack of Lamb, (2 lb avg weight). You can use any brand of lamb chops. Here is a link that shows you to chop the lamb.
First, slice between the bones to chop the rack to individual pieces. Second, prepare the marinade. Further, stir in all the ingredients in a large bowl. Furthermore, add the lamb chops to the marinade. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Next, preheat grill for medium heat and lightly add butter to the grate. Grill the chops on medium-high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until until well browned. Turn once. Enjoy with a side of Cucumber Raita and Greek Yogurt Cilantro Chutney
Tried this recipe yet? Give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries
Moreover, try some of our other recipes
Peri Peri French Fries – Air Fryer Spicy Fries
Air Fryer French Fries – Spicy Air Fryer Potato Fries
Air Fryer Prawn Koliwada – Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp Koliwada
Tandoori Aloo – Air Fryer Spicy Indian Potatoes
Tandoori Lamb Chops – Tandoori Grilled Lamb Chops
- 1 Grill
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ground cumin (jeera powder)
- 1 tbsp kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder (cayenne pepper)
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi/ kasuri methi)
- 2 and 1/2 salt
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Butter for grilling
- 2.15 pounds lamb rack (8 lamb chops)
- Slice between the bones to chop the rack to individual pieces. Prepare the marinade.
- For the marinade stir in all the ingredients except butter and lamb chops, in a large bowl. Mix well. Furthermore, add the lamb chops to the marinade. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly add butter to the grate. Grill the chops on medium-high heat for about 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until until well browned.
Air Fryer Version
- Grease your air fryer basket with cooking spray or oil and preheat.
- Place lamb chops in the air fryer basket, without overlapping or stacking. Cook in batches if necessary.
- Air fry at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until browned. Flip midway.
You must log in to post a comment.