This Strawberry Makhana Smoothie – Protein Foxnut Milkshake is a delicious easy breakfast that you can take on the go. This smoothie is in regular rotation in our household. I always keep bananas, peeled and chunked, in the freezer along with frozen strawberries. This smoothie takes minutes to whip together and makes a great filling breakfast or snack.
Here is a link on the nutritional benefits of foxnuts.
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
Firstly – Liquids – I prefer to use non-dairy milk. For purposes of this smoothie, I have used almond milk. You can use cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk, coconut milk, or even regular milk.
Secondly – Fox nuts– Easily available in Indian grocery stores.
Thirdly- Maple syrup or sweetener of choice.
Finally, one and a half large ripe banana, Greek Yogurt, and strawberries. (I’ve used frozen, you can use fresh too)
How do I make this Strawberry Makhana Smoothie – Protein Foxnut Milkshake recipe?
First, in a pan on low heat dry roast the foxnuts until crisp. Also, make sure not to brown them too much. It should take about 10- 12 minutes. However, monitor them to make sure they don’t burn and stir them in between. Moreover, let them cool and grind them in a grinder.
Second, peel and cut the banana into slices.
Further, place all of the ingredients (banana, almond milk, ground foxnuts, strawberries, maple syrup, and Greek Yogurt) in a high-powered blender. Finally, blend them.
Moreover, after blending the smoothie, transfer the smoothie in two cups and top it with some additional foxnuts or strawberries.
Tried this recipe yet? Also, give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Moreover, follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries Tag us on Instagram if you make this recipe.
Also, try some of our other recipes
Strawberry Makhana Smoothie – Protein Foxnut Milkshake
- 1 Blender
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup foxnuts (phool makhana) roasted
- 1 and 1/2 bananas, ripe
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (add more if you like it sweeter) (or sweetner of choice)
- In a pan on low heat dry roast the foxnuts until crisp. Make sure not to brown them too much. It should take about 10- 12 minutes. Monitor them to make sure they don't burn and stir them in between. Let them cool and grind them in a grinder.
- Peel and cut the banana into slices.
- Place all of the ingredients (banana, almond milk, ground foxnuts, strawberry maple syrup, and Greek Yogurt) in a high-powered blender and blend.
- Transfer to 2 small cups, top with favorite fruit and enjoy.