This Protein Makhana Smoothie – Peanut Butter Foxnut Milkshake is a healthy, filling breakfast that is very creamy. The addition of foxnuts and peanut butter packs in a ton of nutritional benefits. Additionally, its a quick and easy breakfast and is filled with plant-based protein from foxnuts and peanut butter.
What are foxnuts used this Protein Makhana Smoothie – Peanut Butter Foxnut Milkshake recipe?
I grew up eating foxnuts. In Kashmir foxnuts are known as Jewer’go’tch. They are lotus seeds. Moreover, the beauty of these seeds is in their versatility. You can roast them, stir fry, cook them or throw them in smoothies. Foxnuts offer several health benefits. They are rich in calcium, antioxidants, are known to promote heart health and are low in calories.
Here is a link on their nutritional benefits.
Ingredients for this recipe –
First – Liquids – I prefer to use non-dairy milk. For purposes of this smoothie, I have used almond milk. You can use cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk, coconut milk, or even regular milk.
Second – Fox nuts– Easily available in Indian grocery stores
Third- Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
Finally, one large ripe banana, peanut butter, and a pinch of Kosher salt.
How do I make this recipe?
First, in a pan on low heat dry roast the foxnuts until crisp. Also, make sure not to brown them too much. It should take about 10- 12 minutes. However, monitor them to make sure they don’t burn and stir them in between. Moreover, let them cool and grind them in a grinder.
Second, peel and cut the banana into slices.
Further, place all of the ingredients (banana, almond milk, ground foxnuts, peanut butter, maple syrup, and Kosher salt) in a high-powered blender. Finally, blend them.
After blending the smoothie, transfer the smoothie in a cup and top it with some additional foxnuts or roasted peanuts.
Tried this recipe yet? Also, give us a rating, comment below in the reply section and let us know what you think. Moreover, follow us on Instagram @Fastcurries and Facebook @Fastcurries Tag us on instagram if you make this recipe.
Try some of our other recipes
Makhana Smoothie – Peanut Butter Foxnut Milkshake
- 1 Blender
- 1/4 cup foxnuts (phool makhana) roasted
- 1 large banana (or 2 small) (1 cup chopped)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 tbsp maple syrup ( I like sweet so I use 3/4 tbsp)
- pinch of Kosher salt
- In a pan on low heat dry roast the foxnuts until crisp. Also, make sure not to brown them too much. It should take about 10- 12 minutes. However, monitor them to make sure they don't burn and stir them in between. Moreover, let them cool and grind them in a grinder.
- Peel and cut the banana into slices.
- Place all of the ingredients (banana, almond milk, ground foxnuts, peanut butter, maple syrup, and Kosher salt) in a high-powered blender and blend. If you like it thinner you can add more milk, i like mine thick.
- Transfer to a small cup top with fox nuts and enjoy.